Top Offers of the Week! Nigeria Marketing Insights!
Beautiful day is in front of us and we hope that you have decided to park yourself at Zetaniche’s blog and read what is new with us.
Now, since this November morning brought us sun, therefore smile and good mood, it would be shame not to continue it with our this week Top Offers. Let’s check which offers are sticking out this week:
Well, this is one good looking list. Don’t your think?
But hey, our blog post title announced one new mobile geo in Zetaniche’s platform and that is right – we have opened our mobile dating offer for Nigeria. The end of this year is getting much closer and we don’t want to jump into a new year without some nice refreshment.
Nigeria takes the first place of internet usage in African countries and 8th place in the world. During this year Nigeria has recorded number of 91.6 million internet users.
When in comes to affiliate marketing in Nigeria, it is actually one of the biggest online businesses in Nigeria. The power and potential that this country holds is indescribable so you should definitely consider affiliate options in this gold mine. Before, it was much difficult to succeed in affiliate marketing in Nigeria due to many barriers between Nigerians and most affiliate networks. Nigerians were very limited when it comes to payment options. This has changed a lot now!
Nigeria or officially known as Federal Republic of Nigeria, is located on the western coast of Africa.
The capital of Nigeria is Abuja. The currency of Nigeria is Naira.
Language: The official language is English. Most spoken languages are languages of Africa such as: Hausa, Yoruba and language of Igbo. Besides English these ones are the most spread languages in Nigeria.
Population and internet usage
Estimated population in 2017: 191,835,936
As mentioned above, there is 91,6 million internet users in Nigeria according to NCC. This data was reported for May month this year. Internet penetration in Nigeria has increased to 53% which is the highest in Africa. When it comes to mobile subscription in Nigeria, it has increased to wonderful 81%.
According to SimilarWeb stats, here are the top 10 sites that Nigerians are visiting:
According to StatCounter:
- Desktop vs Mobile vs Tablet Market Share in Nigeria for October 2017 is: Mobile (81.28%), Desktop (16.01%), Tablet (2.71%).
- Browser Market Share in Nigeria for October 2017 is: Opera (51.27%), Chrome (24.3%), UC Browser (10.07%), Safari (2.32%), Android (1.78%), BlackBerry (1.64%), Safari (2.32%), IE Mobile (0.92%), Samsung Internet (0.84%), IE (0.51%), Puffin (0.08%), Edge (0.36%), Nokia (0.43%), Maxthon (0.03%), 360 Safe Browser (0.02%), Yandex Browser (0.02%), Obigo (0.02%), Chromium (0,01%), Phantom (0.01%), Other (0.07%).
- Operating System Market Share in Nigeria for October 2017 is: Android (54.33%), Windows (14.44%), Unknown (14.73%), Series 40 (5.8%), BlackBerry (0.84%), Nokia (2.64%), iOS(2.38%), Linux (0.95%), SymbianOS (1.11%), OS X (0.94%), LG (0.19%), Samsung (0.12%), Chrome OS (0.03%), Sony Ericsson (0.01%), Other (1.82%).
- Social Media Stats in Nigeria for October 2017 are: Facebook (89.65%), Twitter (4.84%), Pinterest (3.32%), YouTube (0.57%), Linkedin (0.55%), Instagram (0.52%), Tumblr (0.08%), Google+ (0.19%), StumbleUpon (0.12%), Reddit (0.13%), VKontakte (0.03%), Other (0.01%).
Nigeria represents leading online buying market in Africa with 89% online buyers of total population.
According to the research, online buying through mobile phones has increased a lot in Nigeria. Increase of mobile internet usage has become a significant drive of online buying in Nigeria. Even 90% of online shoppers that own a smartphone or a feature have used it to shop online, while 51% use their device to shop online once a month or more. It has been figured that shopping on mobile browsers seemed to be the most popular way to do the mobile shopping with 43% of Nigerian mobile shoppers, while 34% prefer to shop from an app.
Nigeria Mobile carriers
MTN – 60,4 million subscribers
Airtel – 34.6 million subscribers
Globacom – 37,3 million subscribers
Etisalat – 19,6 million subscribers
Visafone – 213k subscribers
Code Division – 217k subscribers
Delivery method and paying method
Due to fear of online payments security, cash on delivery is still the most preferred and most used payment method for Nigerians when making online purchases. According recent study that was made, it was noted that 39% of online shoppers use cash and 32% also stated that they prefer paying cash when buying online.
Offers available in Nigeria
Due to the huge number of Nigerian mobile users, we decided to open our dating offer in this market as well. At this point we only have WhatsChat available in Nigeria, but you should definitely stay tuned for the upcoming offers in these high potential geo.
What is great about our dating offer WhatsChat is that it is converting on both desktop and mobile and conversion flow is very simple.
- When it comes to desktop, conversion is pin submit. User sends SMS after which he will receive a pin code. User will enter the pin on the page and if the pin is properly entered, conversion is triggered. This is so called MT flow.
- Mobile conversion flow is click2sms, also called MO flow, meaning user gets clickable sms composer. As soon as he clicks on it and sends a message, conversion is triggered.
We hope that, in case you haven’t consider Nigerian market yet, our post made you change your mind. Our dating offer is showing excellent results and there is no reason for you not to get some of that experience.
We are sure that you will recognize the potential of promoting our WhatsChat offer in this gold mine market. If you haven’t let yourself into the Nigerian adventure, now is the real time!
Don’t miss your chance and take your place in Nigerian market as well. Join Zetaniche and start promoting our offers!
Still having doubts? Need more of convincing? We are good in that! Contact us now!
Stay with us for further posts.