TOP OFFERS OF THE WEEK! Greece marketing insights!
here we are once again, with our TOP OFFERS OF THE WEEK. Take a few minutes and check what were the top performers in Zetaniche:
Like we are usually doing in our TOP OFFERS OF THE WEEK posts, we will present you some additional information that will help you in deciding and understanding which GEO markets could be profitable for you in regards of various offers Zetaniche is offering for promotion. This time, let’s give some more space to beautiful Greece!
We would like to start with some interesting facts about Greece:
- The ancient Greeks are often called the inventors of mathematics because they were the first to make it a theoretical discipline. The work of Greek mathematicians such as Pythagoras, Euclid, Archimedes, and Apollonius lies at the basis of modern mathematics.
- Greeks do not wave with an open hand. In fact, it is considered an insult to show the palm of he hand with the fingers extended. Greeks wave with the palm closed.
- Greece has a maximum number of archaeological museums as compared to all the countries.
- The national cheese of Greece is Feta (made from goat’s milk).
But let’s get back to some general marketing information that might be interesting for you.
Greece is a country located in Southern Europe with a population of approximately 11,143,412 as latest statistics are stating. Athens is the nation’s capital and largest city, followed by Thessaloniki.
Greece is located at the crossroads of Europe, Asia, and Africa. Situated on the southern tip of the Balkan Peninsula, it shares land borders with Albania to the northwest, the Republic of Macedonia and Bulgaria to the north, and Turkey to the northeast.
The official language of Greece is Greek, spoken by 99% of the population. In addition, a number of non-official, minority languages and some Greek dialects are spoken as well. The most common foreign languages learned by Greeks are English, German, French and Italian.
As latest statistics are showing there are 7,072,534 internet users in Greece at the moment.
According to SimilarWeb stats, here are the top 10 sites that Greeks are mostly visiting:
According to StatCounter:
- Desktop vs Mobile vs Tablet Market Share in Greece in May 2018 was: Desktop (66.42%), Mobile (28.88%) and Tablet (4.7%).
- Browser Market Share in Greece in May 2018 was: Chrome (68.14%), Firefox (12.52%), Safari (6.57%), Opera (3.06%), IE (2.54%), Samsung Internet (2.33%), Other (4.84%).
- Operating System Market Share in Greece in May 2018 was: Windows (58.88%), Android (27.01%), iOS (5.74%), Linux (3.33%), OS X (2.42%), Other (2.62%).
- Social Media Stats in Greece in May 2018 were: Facebook (88.71%), Pinterest (4.59%), Twitter (2.3%), YouTube (2.24%), Instagram (1.42%), Tumblr (0.35%), Other (0.39%).
Delivery and payment methods
Online buying in Greece is constantly growing. Today, in Greece, there are more than 3 million online buyers, spending an average of about 1,300 euros each year.
Cash on delivery remains the most popular method of payment in Greece, whereas most electronic payments are made with credit cards, debit cards, PayPal, and Bank transfers. 51% of consumers used credit cards for their online purchases in 2017, up from 44% in 2016.
As always, for any questions you might have, you can write us directly on firstname.lastname@example.org or Skype us at aff_zetaniche.